By default,Oracle Workflow System administrator role is set to SYSADMIN User in Oracle EBS 11i/R12.
This means only SYSADMIN user can have access to view Oracle workflow notifications of all the EBS users.
We can modify this to any other EBS user who has administrator rights or assign to a reponsibility.
For Example, If we change Oracle Workflow System administrator to Responsinility name "Workflow Administrator Web Applications", All users
who are assigned with this responsibility can have access to view workflow details owned by other Oracle applications users.
Let us identify the scenarios which require Workflow System administrator privilege.
- Workflow notification is errored and not processed to next approver
- There is an urgent requirement to delegate the workflow notification to another approver.
- Check the status of workflow notification
- Retry / Rewind the workflow notification
- Check the pending notifications for any Oracle EBS user
- Check Workflow Status Diagram
Steps to modify Workflow system administrator role in Oracle EBS 11i/R12
Oracle Workflow System Administrator can be changed in below ways.
1.update wf_resources set text='&Enter_Admin_Name' where name='WF_ADMIN_ROLE';
update wf_resources set text='FND_RESP1:20420' where name='WF_ADMIN_ROLE';
2. Change the value of Context file parameter s_wf_admin_role and run Autoconfig
$ cat $CONTEXT_FILE|grep wf_admin
<username oa_var="s_wf_admin_role" customized="yes">SYSADMIN</username>
3. Change it from Workflow Administrator Web Applications responsibility (Login as sysadmin >> Workflow Administrator Web Applications >> Administration
[Note: Ensure that context file parameter "s_wf_admin_role" is updated with modified value to preserve changes during autoconfig Run]